Email, Digital Targeted Messaging & Interactive Marketing Musings, Thoughts & Links - Named A Top Email Marketing Blog by Email Marketing Reports

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Phishing for big brands, VCs, Big Media & Words of Wisdom from an Ad legend

Venture capitalists switch to startups - notable as some VCs thought running a company was easy.

Big Media YouTube Competitor? Sorry, Quincy Smith is Not a Moron -From Henry Blodget's Internet Outsider blog. Always an interesting read.

Phishers Switch Brand Bait to Coke and McDonald's - the biggest takeaway is buried in the bottom: Few marketers beyond eBay and PayPal have developed strategies to prevent phishing, but that may have to change. "Perhaps consumer brand companies will need to follow in their footsteps in educating customers," Mr. Roberts said, adding: "It probably is going to be just a necessary part of connecting with their customers digitally."

Time to wake up and proactively establish some policies and contingency plans. Incidentally, we have been advising some big brands on this for years.

After 36 Years at Grey, Time for Life No. 2
Some great words of wisdom Edward H. Meyer...

"I built my career and the agency on the belief clients come first, and the job of the guy at the head of the agency is to know their needs. Not what they like for dinner, but their advertising needs, better than anyone at the agency."

"I built auxiliary services here like direct marketing not because I’m a genius, but because I got an early alert; I heard my clients talking about them. If I waited for the guy or gal running the account to get that information to me, it’d be a year later."

Finally, an interesting take on the year that was: 2006, Brought to You by You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home